Adding DIY touches to your wedding is not only a popular trend but also a great way to personalize your destination wedding in Costa Rica. When planning a wedding in Costa Rica the DIY elements you add will require some special consider because they must be brought in your luggage. Therefore keep in mind that your items need to light weight and they need to travel well. Before you go through the Pinterest boards and pull out craft supplies consider your DIY choices wisely. Many times doing it yourself can cost you more than relying on your Costa Rica wedding planner to supply those extra wedding details.
As an experienced wedding planner in Costa Rica Here are 3 useful DIY suggestions for your wedding in Costa Rica and the 3 wedding elements that are best left to the professionals.
Love this article about DIY and Pinterest
What to DIY
1.Invitations- Making your invitations and save the dates are the perfect way to begin adding DIY elements to your Costa Rica wedding and using your DIY wedding skills to save money. Embossed invitations with elaborate font are very costly. Consider making your own invitations instead and give them your personal touch. Make use of some creative craft store papers, a photo software program, and PhotoShop, making your own wedding invitations will save you money and is great way to show off your creativity. For inspiration in creating your Costa Rica destination wedding invitation we like Martha Stewart.
2. Table favors-Let your creativity shine! Pack these little table additions in your luggage and show your guests how artistic you can be. Check out Intimate Weddings – for an idea to make your own coffee bag wedding favors
3. Welcome gift bags– For your destination wedding in Costa Rica nothing says “I’m so glad you’re here” like a welcome gift bag in their accommodations when they arrive. Make the bags yourself or buy bags and add your creative touches. Fill the bags with handy things your guests will use during their stay and don’t forget to include a personalized welcome note to each guest.
Leave To The Professionals
1. Wedding Photography-You’ve been told that many of your guests will be taking pictures during your wedding and some of them have really great cameras and a photographic eye. There are many of advantages to hiring a photographer. A professional photographer won’t be socializing or drinking at your wedding and won’t miss any of the important moments or details. A photographer who is experienced in shooting sunset weddings in Costa Rica knows where the lighting is best, what time of day is the best for different kinds of shots, and has a repertoire of tried and true wedding beach photos. Money spent on a professional wedding photographer, who has experience shooting destination weddings in Costa Rica, will ensure that the photos you will treasure for a lifetime are picture perfect.
2. Music- Of course it’s easy to make a wedding playlist, put it on your ipod, rent a small speaker system and try to provide the music for your wedding. However hiring a band or DJ has a presence, and adds lots of personality to your wedding. They take requests, make announcements, set the pace of the wedding, and watch the crowd to change the types of music they’re playing based on how many people are up dancing. Your ipod playlist is simply…your ipod playlist
3. Wedding Planning and coordinating- Of course you’re organized and have lots of friends and family members who are offering to help you to organize your own wedding. Trying to plan and coordinate your own wedding in a foreign country is a DIY mistake. There is a huge difference in a destination wedding that is self-made and one that’s been planned and coordinated by a professional Costa Rica wedding planner. Having a DIY planned wedding may sound fun, but having a professional wedding planner in Costa Rica coordinate your wedding will provide you with an impeccably organized event and a stress-free wedding day.
For more information about where to spend your wedding dollar and where to DIY check out what Rustic Wedding Chic has to say.